How do I know it’s true love? I made a list. Because that’s what my brain enjoys doing haha. Analyzing the crap out of everything! This is not just romantic partners. True love in general. With God, myself, family, friends, partners, anyone. How do I know there’s true love?
1. It hurts me when they’re hurt.
2. I want them to be happy (even if that means letting go).
3. I think about them often.
4. I can be myself around them. My true self. Honest.
5. I’m there if they need me.
6. Being around them makes me happy.
What do you think?
-Sonja Jackson, OpenHeartTin